Sunday, May 23, 2010

obsession, or addiction?

Last week, I made Citron shawl.

I started it on Tuesday, and finished on Friday night.


It took exactly the same amount of yarn as a pair of socks.


I am not sure I have ever made fingering weight socks in 4 days, but this pattern was so addictive, that I simply could not stop.

I'm glad I didn't make it in lace weight, since I'm not sure it would have been a usable size for me. My dummy is a size 8, I'm a size 4 or 6 depending on the day. Just laid plain across the shoulders,


it doesn't cover much of the front.
But I do love the view from the back:





Then there's the option of draping it across like so


and I may just have to look for a little shawl pin next week at the Massachusetts Sheep and Woolcraft Fair. :)
Project is raveled HERE.
Pattern: Citron (knitty.com, Winter 2009)
Yarn: Noro Kureyon sock, color# S236, one skein.
Needle: size 6/4 mm, 32 in addi lace
I should note here that I did not have enough yarn to do the ruffle at the end. I opted for 4 garter stitch rows after the last (Section 5) increase, and then bound off. I rather like the clean edging, and am not sad that I didn't get a ruffle.
Oh yeah -- and the obsession part? It has to do with color....

8 comments:

  1. LOVE!! It's beautiful..... I made a pair of socks using the same exact colorway! I think that color is so dee-lish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love the colors!!! I might just need to get that yarn!! Cold sheeping? What is that ? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! This has been in my queue for some time. Maybe I should bump it up! Did you use Noro's sock yarn?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. Aren't short projects fun?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this shawl. It looks so good in this colour.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! It means the world to me.