I made this Foliage hat for my sister. (True confession: I started it before the Citron shawl. First I would alternate: do one repeat on the hat, do one section on the shawl. Then it was just one more section on the shawl. The shawl won.) I finally finished the hat a couple of days ago. This is very soft Queensland Super Aussie Merino worsted.
Then I have the terrible, terrible task of test knitting a new yarn I dyed before my surgery. It's an as yet unnamed blend of 50% merino, 50% silk fingering weight that is simply divine to knit with.
I liked the pattern well enough. In fact, it's gorgeous. It was kicking my butt a little, since it's been a while that I've made anything more complicated. Maybe it was my poor post-surgery brain that just couldn't handle it. (Ask me another time what really stupid things I've done in the last two weeks.)
But I decided that the yarn and the pattern were fighting each other....the yarn was too busy for the pattern, the pattern too intricate for the yarn. I frogged it,