Thursday, June 3, 2010

Cummington & Northampton

Last Saturday, my friend Anna and I went to the Massachusetts Sheep and Woolcraft Fair in Cummington.

We admired hand crafts of all kinds, such as these beautiful baskets:


Spunky Eclectic was on my shopping list (no loot photos yet!).





I got a copy of Amy's book, which she autographed for me.


Then we visited my yarn in the Sliver Moon booth :0




and admired the amazing work that Kay and Laurie do.









Of course one must stop to say hello to some fiber animals.


This jewelry maker had contacted me before the festival because she saw my Citron shawl on my blog.


She absolutely insisted on giving me one of her shawl pins! I was blown away by her generosity. (I still have to take an adequate picture of it.)


The Tidal Yarns booth is always a delight -- all natural wool dyed with plant dyes. I am working on a stealth project for which I didn't have enough, so I got two more skeins.



At Holiday Yarns, I spotted the Tsock Tsarina next to Jennifer.



And this fiber....is just so much eye candy... a dream for felters and spinners....


Well. And as if all that wonderful fiber wasn't enough, we decided after our picnic lunch to drive (well, Anna did all the driving) the 20 miles down to Northampton and go to Webs, where in the warehouse, I saw some ecologically packaged yarn.


The Webs store....



...and one of the aisles in the warehouse. Not sure where the shoppers went when I took the pictures!


We ended our expedition by going to a coffeehouse, and knitting for a while....



Ahhh. A good friend to share the day with. Just what the doctor ordered!

8 comments:

  1. What a great day out. The yarn looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't think of a more perfect day! I am so envious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you are feeling better! Your knitting has been absolutely beautiful to see.

    Miss you!
    Sharon F

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trying this again! I'm so glad you are feeling better. I've loved seeing your knitting and your garded pictures - they are so inspiring, but also remind me that I have neglected garden beds!

    Take care - Sharon F.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My girlfriend and I attended this festival about five years ago - just before I moved to Vermont - such a great time.
    Thank you for sharing the pictures.
    Warm wishes, Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought a really neat clasp-y thing from the woman who gave you a shawl pin. She was very nice and had great things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a wonderful day! I would love to get to Cummington some year.... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! It means the world to me.