Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Rhinebeck 2010 colorway, in a sock.

I made a sock! In the Rhinebeck 2010 colorway! Yeah, one single sock is as far as I got. My tendonitis is finally improving, after about a year. (Hooray for excellent chiropractors!) But I don't want to push it too far, I'm trying to be good and not overdo it.

I needed to declare myself a walking disaster area on Sunday, anyway. First, tendonitis. Then, we all know about the surgery. Meds are still a work in progress, but I'm finally sleeping better, after 5 months. At the Southern Adirondack Fiber Festival 10 days ago, I managed to hurt my hand during the booth set-up, and I was unable to grip anything for 3 days. Swelling, pain, etc. Never mind typing or knitting. Or tying skeins. Then that was getting better just in time for the Vermont sheep and woolfest this past weekend, when I threw out my back something fierce on Sunday. I've spent the last 2 days doing the bare minimum of household work, and finishing this sock. And lying on the couch.

Now I'm trying to upload all the sock pictures, and they are NOT. LOADING.



<><>
<>
<><>
Rhinebeck 2010 colorway, in a plain vanilla sock.
I've just spent as much time trying to upload pictures as it would take me to knit half of a second sock. I'd like to ask you to go to my flickr page to look at further pictures of this lovely single sock.

I hope whatever I have is not catching, because I don't wish it on anyone.

Be well, gentle reader!

PS: see???! There are pictures now! I don't know where they came from! They weren't there when I wrote the post! But they are all wonky in size etc.

I think I need a brandy or something.

3 comments:

  1. Well it is a lovely sock despite all the trouble the pictures caused! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mouth-watering color! it may be just one sock but it is gorgeous all on its own. Enjoy that brandy, you amply deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First booth I am heading to on my very first adventure to Rhinebeck. Can't wait to get this yarn :) BEAUTIFUL - susan7

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! It means the world to me.