Tuesday, August 9, 2011

PSA for APL

I know I said I have a couple more sock summit posts, and if you are not entirely tired of them yet, I will have them.
But I need to stop (after an outing with Crafty Girl and dear friends - after all, it is still summer vacation!) and tell my local knitters something --

I am teaching at a different branch at the Albany Public Library this month, every Wednesday from 5:30 to 7 pm.


a brand new knitter forming her stitches!

Tomorrow I will be at the Arbor Hill / West Hill branch.

On Wednesday, August 17th, at Pine Hills.

On Wednesday, August 24th, Delaware branch.

I have yarn and needles for you. We will be knitting squares, rectangles, freeform, whatever you like. It is lots of fun and I would like there to be a lot of knitters -- the library has secured a grant for this community fiber arts project which includes needle felting (finished in June), beaded cloth (finished in July), and now knitting for the month of August. Any age and any level knitter is welcome. I will be happy to teach you.

In September, an experienced quilter will take over and guide us in putting all the different fiber arts squares and pieces together into a community fiber arts project!!

It would be really cool if the knitters would turn up in great numbers. Hope to see you there!!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Wish I lived closer and/or gas was cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so busy - so amazing - enjoy the classes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! It means the world to me.