Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Is it fall yet?

How have you been? I mean, besides the earthquake, a hurricane or two, some flooding, the start of school, a death in the family, there really hasn't been much to keep ME occupied...

May I invite you to a festival this weekend?

I will have a booth at the Southern Adirondack Fiber Festival this weekend, at the Washington County Fairgrounds (New York State).

I've dyed up some fall colors for you: chestnut, caramel, and butterscotch.
All three of them together remind me of Indian corn.


samples shown in watercolors sock yarn

Here's a new purple I particularly adore. I also have it in WINK, the yarn with a bit of glitter in it...
Elderberry.

This colorway, called "cloud dancer", came about after a commission to match a shawl pattern "Amelia Earhart" which will be released in January.

Try as I might, every fall I fight the blues. The Blues have gotten me big time this year, summer didn't last long enough for me at all. We had to cancel our vacation due to my husband not getting hired to work the summer and we were without a paycheck for 3 months. All I can say we got through it - somehow, but it took a whole lot out of me. My heart goes out even more to people who have been out of work for months or are getting laid off.

Seems like I fight the Blues with more blue.

This one is called Bavarian blue, it reminds me of the blue in the Bavarian flag. Which get's its inspiration from the stunningly blue sky over southern Bavaria, especially in the fall.



This is WINK in the new colorway "thunderstorm".


But I also have some pretties....like this one, WINK lace, in elderberry...so interesting how it takes the color differently from the sock yarn. Just 20% silk content makes all the difference.



Well there'll be all this and then some...why don't you come see? The festival opens at 10 am on Saturday and Sunday.
I will have some festival specials each day.

ETA: just found out my booth number: Building 32, booth #43.

5 comments:

  1. Hello Karin. I had a nice little comment that I accidently deleted.

    I'm sorry that the summer has been tough. I hope that SS bridged the gap between regular pay checks for you. You certainly didn't let the strain show while you were there - you are such a wonderful person.

    I am working on a secret project with the Suits Him yarn I bought and am so happy with it. I won't be posting pics for awhile on that one, but will post soon a different project with your beautiful yarn.

    Thank you for continuing to dye such beautiful yarn, even in this tough time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your yarn is so pretty I ALMOST want to make socks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karin, I wondered how things were going with your husband's job. That constant worry over the summer would stress me out, too. I'm sorry you have the Fall Blues. :(

    I will be at YarnCon this Saturday in Chicago so cannot fly to New York to attend your Fiber Festival :P but am wondering if I could order a skein of the butterscotch and a skein of the thunderstorm? Both are lovely!

    :)Carolyn
    P.S. You are to say nothing to me about Cold Sheeping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love each and every one of them! Good luck at the festival - how I wish I could be there to meet you in person and buy some of that fabulous yarn...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the Indian Corn colours, so toasty and warm and think that fighting blue with blue sounds like a great idea.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! It means the world to me.